1960 General Motors PD-4104-4503 - Greyhound Lines
WELCOME ABOARD THE 7725!
This General Motors PD-4104-4503 was built in 1960 for Greyhound Lines. She was given the fleet number -7725- at that time. These buses were commonly referred to as highway travelers.
* the 7725 is 35 feet long, 8 feet wide, 10 feet tall and weighs 10 tons.
* fuel capacity is 140 gallons of #2 diesel. Transmission: 4 speed manual.
* power is an in line Detroit Diesel six cylnder.
* 187 cubic feet of luggage space.
* air conditioned by a 4 cylinder Perkins diesel engine.
* restroom equipped.
* air ride suspension.
* 7725 is the 4,503 coach of its type Built by GM between 1953 and 1960.
* a total of 5,065 were manufactured.
7725 has been restored in this green and white livery to better compliment her interior colors. The 7725 is owned & operated by Mike Jones of Alpine, California. Our other restored coach is a 1975 GMC T8H-5307a, fleet number 804, retired from San Diego Transit in 1990. Both coaches are part of an extensive collection of streetcar & motorcoach memorabilia displayed at the Jones' residence in Alpine, California. Thank you for visiting this classic American motorcoach! Please! NO food, drinks or smoking aboard!